Saturday, July 3, 2010

New Camera, New Computer, New Adventure

Here are some cool pictures of my dad's garden this year with my new camera!

This is my favorite rose in his rose garden. It's name is double delight. Isn't it beautiful?!

So for all of you that have been checking my blog frequently since December only to see that I have dropped off the face of the earth, I have good news. Within the past month, I have been so fortunate to get a brand new computer (I've been saving up since I got my full time job) and receive a great Nikon digital SLR camera for a graduation gift from my parents! I am so thrilled with the new toys I have, simply because my old computer and old camera were not allowing me to access anything on the internet, much less take pictures and post them on the blog! I am so excited to use these two gadgets because within the next year I will have so many exciting and wonderful things to write about. So...since it has been a while...here is a brief update with what is going on in my life...

In January 2011, I started my new full-time position at Verizon Wireless Corp. Needless to say, I have had many ups and downs with this position, but it has been a complete challenge for me. I am so thankful that God has provided an opportunity for me to learn hard work, perserverance, and patience. Not to say that this job hasn't been rewarding and that I am not thankful, because I am deeply grateful that the Lord one again has provided for me when I had completely thrown in the towel. I have finished all the necessary training, am settled into my desk, and within the next few months am looking forward to the possibility of a promotion.

My family has been incredible through this entire process. My parents have been so gracious to allow me to live at home during this short period of time between college and married life. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them more, spending time with them, and deepening my relationship with them.

Wedding planning has also been going extremely well. I can't believe that we are almost 11 months away from the date. This engagement has flown by! Most everything has been booked, my dress has been ordered, and from now on, it's really working on the details and staying on top of responsibilities. I have been so humbled by the special people that have agreed to be apart of our wedding day. Beyond their involvement, I have had such support and help from my family as well as Joe's family to make sure that this is the most special day of our lives. On top of everything else, I am just head-over-heals in love and overjoyed with the thought of spending the rest of my life with my best friend. Every time I see him and spend time with him, I feel like the luckiest girl alive. I can't wait for all of the adventures that lie ahead!

So that is a brief summary of the past 6 months. Thank you for your prayers, your phone calls, and support during this crazy but very exciting time. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family that I never want to take for granted! I hope the Fourth of July was a great time for celebrating the our nation's freedom with friends, family, and loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment