Monday, July 5, 2010

Sun and Santa Fe Fun

As long as I can sit in the sun and lay by a pool, I am a happy girl.
It was delicious.
Joe loved his tacos.
By far, one of my favorite restaurants I have ever been to.
Joe's landlord has quite an array of animals at her home. These are just a few!
Her precious labs, Diego and Frieda. They are so sweet!

I truly felt like I was on vacation today for the first time in a long time. Whenever I have taken vacation time earlier this year, it's always to get something done...wedding planning, cleaning, and running errands that I don't have time to do otherwise. My idea of a vacation is relaxing in the sun all day, and then going out to dinner and other activities at night. Today was that such day. At the opera house, the grounds have a very nice pool by the cantina for the use of apprentice artists and their families to swim. It makes it very nice because while Joe is rehearsing, I can be only 100 feet away soaking up sun, listening to music, or reading my favorite book all day. I doused sunscreen on in the morning and stayed at the pool all morning, listening to the sounds of beautiful opera music all around me. How awesome is that!?

For lunch, Joe and I went to grab a quick bite at Panda Express (one of his new favorites) and go to a couple of stores around the area. Before we knew it, he was back to rehearsal, and I was back to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. We decided to keep it low key tonight since I was still adjusting to the difference in time zones. Joe picked where we would go for dinner and my job was to pick the movie. Joe picked an excellent restaurant, Tomisita's to go to for dinner. It was an authentic Mexico restaurant located downtown and easily one of the local's favorites. I must say, I have never eaten better mexican food in my life. We ordered homemade guacamole and salsa with blue corn tortilla chips for an appetizer, and it was phenomenal. For the main course, Joe ordered tacos, and I had an open faced quesadilla with guacamole, salsa, and green chile peppers (a staple of NM cooking). I took about half of the meal home with me not because I was full, but because I wanted to savor the meal a little bit longer and enjoy it later that evening. It was that good! We are definitely going back before I leave. After dinner, we went to the movie theater to see Grown Ups. As good as dinner was, I don't think the movie could have been worse. Joe and I almost both fell asleep because of what a terrible flick it was. We did laugh, mainly because we couldn't believe how silly and ridiculous the movie was. Even though the movie was terrible, we still enjoyed spending quality time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment