Thursday, July 8, 2010

Madame Butterfly

We had a great time at dinner together! The food was delicious!

Just another drive to the opera house!

All of my Santa Fe opera goods. I love the shirt, it has the 2010 season on the back of it!

For my last day in Santa Fe, yet again, I was happy as a lark sitting by the pool while Joe was in rehearsal. I decided that at some point in my life, we need to live in a place that is sunny and where I can have a pool. It literally warms my soul and lifts my spirits to just soak up rays and relax. Joe had a particularly long day today, with rehearsal all morning and afternoon with a show later at night. After eating lunch together, I decided to go back and get ready for the evening. When Joe finished his rehearsal, I was there to pick him up. While we were riding back to his house, there was a great big thunderstorm coming over the mountains. It was so neat to see! When we got back to his house, we relaxed, played some Mario Kart, and got ready for the evening.

Since Joe and I don't get a lot of alone time together, we decided to have a very nice dinner and get dressed up for the evening. I needed to dress up in order to go to the opera anyways, and he was so sweet to dawn a suit and make it a special night. Even though we had a multitude of choices on where to go for dinner, we ended up going back to Tomisita's because it was that delicious. We ordered practically the same thing but didn't care. I wish I could take everyone to this restaurant, because it is awesome! Once we got to the opera, there were people everywhere. The theater was a buzz with opera lovers and first time attendee's alike. I was so excited as I pulled out my ticket and walked through the threshold into the theater.

I always love the feeling of going to a show. The special attire, the anticipation, the air of creativity: it all culminates to the first wave of the baton of the conductor and the first note to be sung by the cast. This feeling was particularly great because I was watching the man I love most be apart of something he loves to do. I felt such a sense of pride in watching Madame Butterfly. Knowing that Joe is pursuing his God-given talent and doing it so well made me the proudest person in the theater that night. Every single person in the cast was incredible. The actress portraying the title role, Madame Butterfly, was exquisite. I was so impressed with her musicianship and her grace on stage. I couldn't help but think the entire time that sometime in the near future, I will be watching my husband on stage playing title roles around the world. I can't wait to be there for it! Before leaving for the night, I grabbed a couple of things from the bookstore to support Joe's company and to remind me of what great accomplishment this was for him.

I had such a great week with Joe. I am more thankful for him everyday and can't imagine loving him more than I do (I know I will). I miss him terribly while he is gone, but couldn't be happier for him and this awesome opportunity. I love you all the world Joe Joe and thank you for spending the week with me! I can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment