Thursday, August 5, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame...

Colorado Rockies vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Pierogie races! They do it every game!
One of the Pirates' newest pitchers was doing quite well tonight!
Ah, summertime.

Everyone focusing hard...
Is it a homerun?
One of my favorite snacks-Dippin' Dots!
Heather with her HUGE ice cream cone!

Ever since I was a child, I can remember having summers filled with ballgames. My brother began playing t-ball when I was about 3, and all three of us played baseball and softball well into high school. We all grew up with a love for the game, and most of our summers included multiple trips to see St. Louis Cardinals games when visiting my mom's side of the family. I just love going. I don't know if it's the way the sun sets over the ball field giving way to gorgeous summer evenings, the people all around you shouting obscenities and starting the wave, or the amazing variety of food that you can only eat while watching homeruns and line drives fly. However, I think my favorite part is walking into the stadium and always being brought back to my childhood. It always reminds me of sitting next to my dad, sharing a tray of nachos, learning how to play the game all along the way.

Tonight, we all decided to head down to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates game. The Pirates are not the best team in the league, however, the ball park is so fun to visit. It is such a family friendly atmosphere with lots to see and do. They were even handing out Pirates t-shirts tonight! We all enjoyed relaxing in the cool breeze of the summer night, eating our favorite snacks, and watching the Pirates win!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan, that reminds me of the time that we went to the Pirates game with you & the fam. So much fun! It looks like you all had a great time! I enjoyed reading about how you feel about baseball, it's very similar to your brother's...I can tell you guys are related! :) We're going to Atlanta at the end of this month and we're planning on going to a Braves game (even though it's not the fave team, of course). I hope all is well with you - I love you!

    ReplyDelete