Sunday, December 13, 2009

Goodies with my Grandmas

(pictures coming soon-I can't find a way to upload them from my camera's memory!)

A few days ago, I found a kit of Christmas goodies that I though would be a fun treat to make with my grandmas. After church, I baked a batch of rice krispie treats and waited for the right time to go to Newhaven (the assisted living facility where they live). My mom and dad came too-and we were ready to decorate Christmas treats out of rice krispies!

We had a great time decorating, and we even gave them out to some of the other residents and friends of my grandmothers. It was so nice to have time to spend with them before Christmas, and I really enjoyed getting to do a fun activity with them. I have so many memories of baking Christmas goodies with my grandmas growing up. I know that they are not physically able to do that anymore, so I really enjoyed bringing the treats to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment