Friday, July 10, 2009

Get your Craft On

Today was my second day working at Michaels. I have never really considered myself a crafty person, but after a semester of photography at Disney and starting this part-time job, I have truly been inspired. I feel as though certain projects are speaking to me when I walk through the door. Lately, I have been wanting to learn how to decorate cakes. Don't ask me why-maybe because reruns of Cake Boss come on after Say Yes to the Dress. One of the ladies that I work with teaches classes on cake decorating and even runs a cake business on the side. She is indeed very crafty, and even has alot of experience making floral designs for parties. So, within the next couple of weeks, I am going to start one of my activities on the to-do list and join a cake decorating class!

Besides the part-time job at Michaels, I feel like I have obtained another part-time job: Looking for a full-time job! It has been a month since I finished my internship at Disney and moved back home. I am so thankful to have a wonderful mom and dad who welcome me home, but lately I have been feeling the need to be more independant. I know this is just a short period of time in the scheme of things, and I am trying to learn patience in the midst of this job hunt. I have a desire to discover God's purpose for my life, and I am continually praying that He will reveal to me the next step. He has always provided for me, and all I have to do is trust His perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment