Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Watching the fireworks. Love him so!

God's beautiful creation! A rainbow!

Word of Life concert. I told you it was interesting.

We finally get to spend fourth of July together!!

Singin' those patriotic songs so beautifully!

The mountains were the backdrop to their concert. It was breathtaking!

I am a little late on posting our celebration, but I have been having so much fun, that I haven't had time to blog! This year, I was able to visit Joe on the Fourth of July. I absolutely love this holiday. Fireworks are one of my favorite things to watch, and it reminds me every year how I am so blessed to be born into a country that honors freedom. On Friday, I drove up to Seagle Music Colony (in upstate NY) to spend a few days with Joe. It was a fairly easy drive, and I arrived around 5pm when he was in a coaching for his upcoming opera, La Cenerentola. We were able to spend some time together before his show, Guys and Dolls, started at 8pm. Since the show was sold out, I went to Ft. Ticonderoga to get some snacks for the next few days. After his show, we watched a movie and spend time time talking with his roommates.

On Saturday morning, Joe picked me up and took me into downtown Schroon Lake. It is a small town, but the quintessential personification of the American small town. Flags were hung everywhere, and every store front had some sort of decoration honoring the holiday. People in Schroon Lake are so friendly, and everyone was so quick to wish each other a "Happy Fourth of July!" Around 12pm, all of the singers of Seagle put on a patriotic concert. It was awesome! They are all so talented, and the backdrop of their location was breathtaking (they sang in a gazebo that sat against the Adirondack mountains). After their concert, we went to lunch at Joe's favorite resteraunt in downtown, Flanagan's. We decided to venture to Saratoga Springs for the afternoon, going to Best Buy, TJ Maxx, and Dunkin Donuts. After a shopping afternoon, we went back to Schroon Lake, just in time to watch the Word of Life concert (interesting) and the fireworks over the lake. They were absolutely beautiful! There must have been thousands of people sprawled along the lakeside watching the fireworks with their families. We had a great time, and I enjoyed spending the holiday with my wonderful fiancee!

No comments:

Post a Comment