Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cavanaugh's Bride Show

My sister wanted a picture of the Bride-to-be sticker I got at the show!

This cake was very unique...and also very yummy!

One of two bridal fashion shows!

This show had my favorite dresses.

This dress especially caught my eye....(minus the bikini-like silk piece at the top)

SOOOO beautiful.

This vendor had really cool floral arrangements and stationary

This morning, we woke up early to drive to downtown Pittsburgh. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a huge bride show advertised on a few websites and tv, and I thought it would be fun to look around and get some ideas for the wedding. We arrived around 11am, and so did everyone else. There must have been thousands of people packed into the Marriott City Center for the show that lasted all Sunday afternoon. My mom and sister came with me, and we spent the day walking around to different vendors looking at anything from candy bars, to photography, to caterers, to cakes, to tuxes, to florists, to spas, to fashion shows put on by bridal salons. It was neat to walk around and see so many different options, colors, and styles each vendor offered. Although we are not getting married in Pittsburgh, it was still great to walk around and steal ideas from some of the most creative people in the business. My favorite part of the day was watching the two bridal fashion shows that occurred during the event. I haven't really thought about looking for my gown yet (we still have quite a bit of time), but being in the midst of many gorgeous gowns, I couldn't help but get so excited! We had a great time and enjoyed getting great ideas for our event coming in the near future.
It was a little tough to take pictures since so many brides and their families were at the show. Sorry!

1 comment: