Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rest of the weekend and a day off

So thankful that we were able to spend a relaxing night together.

I love my Prince Charming!!


Ok, getting a little too close for comfort.

They were so adorable and the view was beautiful!

The ducks were following us in Congress Park!

On Sunday morning, I was able to sleep in quite a bit while Joe attended strike for Cenerentola. After he finished, I met up with him and was able to spend time with him off and on throughout the afternoon between Vesper rehearsals. Around 5pm, I attended Vespers, which is a religious service where all of the Seagle musicians sing hymns and spiritual songs. It was absolutely beautiful. The theatre was packed, and you could tell that everyone was very touched by their gifts of music to the Lord. Joe had the rest of the night off, so we went to the small movie theatre in downtown Schroon Lake to see Public Enemies. I'm not a big fan of shooting and killing movies, but I must say it was a good movie. It was a true story about John Dillinger, a notorious bank robber during the crime wave in the 1930's. We had a great time enjoying each other with a night out at the movies.


The next morning, I was so excited to meet up with Joe because he had the entire day off! We started the day by driving to Saratoga and walking through Congress Park. Joe had never seen the historic areas of Saratoga, so it was neat to show him the racetrack, the parks, and the beautiful homes. It was also cool to see the sights because Joe and his family usually stay at Saratoga Springs Resort whenever they visit Disney World. Now, whenever we go back to visit Disney, we can remember all of the things that we saw in real Saratoga Springs, NY! We also had time to visit Best Buy and the mall of Saratoga. We enjoyed spending time with one another that night before I had to get up and leave for home on Tuesday.


I am so greatful that I was able to spend some time with Joe and his family. I was glad I could see his amazing performances and be a support to him. I am so incredibly proud of all the things he has accomplished this summer. He is such a hard working and genuine artist, and I know God is going to use him richly. Joe is on his way to be a star, and I can't wait to see him shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment