Friday, August 7, 2009

Pirates Game

It looks soooo good! But little did I know...

Pierogi Races! This is a Pittsburgh tradition at PNC Park.


A beautiful night for baseball.

Albert Pujols up to bat for the Cardinals!


After a day at work, I came home and changed quickly to get back in the car for Pittsburgh. The Pirates were playing the Cardinals at PNC Park (baseball), and we all agreed that it was time to get out of the house and do something fun. It was a beautiful night with perfect summertime weather. Going to see the Cardinals play brings back memories of summer nights as a little girl going to the old Busch Stadium in St. Louis. My brother, sister, and I were always very involved with baseball and softball growing up, and all of us enjoy going to the ball field every once in a while.

However, after the baseball game, I discovered something that will change my eating habits for a while. The equation looks like this:


I love ice cream.
Ice cream does not love me.
Therefore, Megan + ice cream= one sick gril.


After eating a nice helping of soft serve ice cream, I became extremely sick on the way home and have had a queasy stomach ever since. Even when I was in NY with Joe, I didn't feel very well after having ice cream every so often at Stewart's. I have never been able to drink milk or eat products that have alot of milk or heavy cream without feeling sick. My mom even told me that when I was little, I would not take milk and instead had to drink kool-aid out of a bottle and take calcium supplements (soy milk must not have been around). So, in the next week or so, I will be going to the doctor to find out once and for all if I am fully lactose-intolerant. If so, it might change a few things about what I eat! Nevertheless, we had a great time at the ballpark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment