Sunday, October 11, 2009

Anderson Homecoming

I apologize for the following pictures to be so small. I left my camera at home and had to steal them from friends!
My birthday surprise at Real Hacienda. The waiters put a huge sombrero on my head and smeared whipped cream all over my face!
FRIENDS!!!!
Little Red Riding Hood and the Witch from Into the Woods.
Senior year roomates. I miss them so!

All the girls, back together again!
All of the friends waiting for the street fair!

Here are some of the cast from Into the Woods from the Street Fair!

After a wonderful birthday at home, I got up Friday morning and was off to Anderson for the weekend. All of my best friends were in one place, and we all wanted to celebrate together and support those who were in the musical this year. After my long drive, I arrived at Debbie and Leah's adorable apartment at downtown Anderson late at night. I was so happy to be greeted by all of my girls!!! We had a great night catching up and just being together. Anna and I bunked up on the sofa bed, and stayed up until 4am talking (just like freshman days!)


On Saturday, we all went to the street fair located on University Boulevard. This is a huge tradition where most of the social clubs, organizations, and groups put up a table and have goodies to sell or products to pass out. There are always a few favorites-caramel apples, hot apple cider, and elephant ears! It is also the hot spot to see former alumni and current students you knew and loved during your time at AU. After the street fair, me, Leah, Anna, and Anna's boyfriend Nick went to one of our favorite resteraunts in Anderson, Real Hacienda. Its a great mexican resteraunt that have really great prices. We went back to the apartment and decided to rest before getting ready for the musical that night.



Before going to the musical that night, the 4 of us went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We definitely pigged out! The meal was delicious, but the company was even better. After a yummy dinner, we were off to the show to see our great friends shine. This year, Anderson took on a great challenge. The musical they produced was "Into the Woods" by Steven Soundheim. It is incredibly difficult with complex rhythms, melodies, and characters. However, the cast was fabulous. Everyone was exceptional, and we were so excited to cheer them on from the audience. I was so proud to be their friends!! Everyone did a great job. After the show, everyone came back to the apartment and ate cake to celebrate a job well done.


On Sunday, we all woke up and decided to have lunch before going our separate ways. Since we all love Real Hacidenda, a huge group of us met there once again. We had a great time, and even celebrated my birthday in the process. I am so thankful for wonderful friends. We all had a great weekend, and I am anxious to see them again.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. We are excited to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete