Monday, October 26, 2009

Grandma McDaniel turns 90!

My Nana is on the right, the Birthday girl is on the left!


So thankful for my Grandma!

Heather came to celebrate!

Don't know why she stuck up her finger...maybe she thinks she is number one!

Look at that cake! Wow! Mom did a great job!

Today, my grandmother turned 90 (my Dad's mom)! We have been waiting for this day for a long time now. It seems as though at times she would never be healthy enough to get to this day, but we are so glad she has! What an incredible accomplishment! I have been so blessed to know my grandmothers for so long and become close to them over the years. I have especially enjoyed spending time with them since I have been home, as their assisted living facility is right up the street from our house.


On Sunday, we threw a party for her at the assisted living place where she and my Nana are currently living. My mom made a wonderful cake and we had lots of friends and neighboring residents come down to the executive dining room to celebrate. I can't believe how many cards, presents, and phone calls she received for the past few days. It is so great to know people love her and care about her, even though she is quite a bit of miles away! I think she is such a wonderful person, and I love her deeply. I feel so blessed to be her granddaughter, and I am thankful she has been such a big part of my life.


*On a side note, the night before the party, my mother and I went downstairs to search through boxes of my grandmother's wedding dress. I had heard about the wonderful view she wore for her wedding, and I have been dying to see it! About 3 boxes later, we finally opened the box with the view. We pulled it out, and I couldn't believe it! It is absolutely gorgeous. I definitely want to use it! Hopefully, we can find a dress that will compliment it. I told my grandmother that I have a desire to use it, and she was thrilled! What a wonderful family heirloom to add to the celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment