Saturday, October 3, 2009

We Have Plates!!!

Our awesome plates!!

The bowls too!

Today, my mom and I decided to take a trip to one of our favorite malls, Ross Park in Pittsburgh. Over the years, this mall has become our favorite stop to shop, since they have added high end stores like Nordstroms, Tiffany, Coach, Burberry, Banana Republic, and etc. Now, we never buy anything in most of these stores, but they are really fun to go into and look around. I needed to return a jacket that I bought in Maryland at H&M, so after I finished we continued to walk around on a busy Saturday afternoon.




While we were shopping we decided to stop in to Macy's and ended up on the home goods floor. My mom really wanted to see what types of china, everyday wear, and appliances we were thinking about putting on our registry. She really liked everything that Joe and I have mentally picked out, and she even had a few more ideas of things that I would have never thought of. While we were looking around, we came across the plates that Joe and I found last week while I was in Maryland. They were on sale, buy one plate and get one free-a great deal! I asked one of the employees how long she thought the plates would be available at Macy's, and she remarked that they might not carry them past this year. Immediately, my mom and I decided that it would be best to buy as much as we could right now, since they were on sale and exactly what Joe and I wanted for our kitchen. So, we bought 8 place settings of the plates, and figured that when we register for other things that we would add 8 more placesettings of regular fiesta wear in blue and red to match the colors in the plates I bought today. My mom was very excited to be the first to give a gift from our registry (which techincally we haven't opened yet, but will soon!). I have to say, I can't believe I'm so excited about a bunch of plates. I guess that is what happens when you turn 23. I can't wait to use them!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

1 comment: