Thursday, October 1, 2009

One Week Away

They are all still unopened!!

About a week ago, I received a huge assortment of packages on the front porch of the house. When I looked outside to see if it was another Ebay purchase for Dad, I saw on each box that they were labeled Megan McDaniel. Immediately, I became very excited! I never get packages! I quickly remember that Joe had informed me a few packages would be coming my way in the form of birthday presents. Then, I immediately became very nervous.


For all of you who know me pretty well, I love surprises. There is something about the feeling of knowing someone thought about putting something together or arranging a special event just for you. However, I have a big problem, because I also love to ruin surprises. I dont know why, I can't help it-it's a disease. It is extremely difficult for me to not look at presents or not to snoop around when I can tell something is up. It's a wonder Joe ever pulled the engagement weekend off without the slighest bit of curiousity from me!


So...my birthday is a week away, and I wanted to prove to everyone that the presents indeed have remained unopened. I'm not gonna ruin it this year. 23 is the big number, and it's my year to prove that I can let a surprise be a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment