Monday, September 14, 2009

Be Still My Soul

So...no news yet. I have been anxiously awaiting some sort of answer from this job. I have wrestled with the possibilities in my heart about things like, "How did that interview go?" or "Did I impress them enough?" or wondering, "Do they actually want to consider me for this job?" I have been having a tough time sleeping at night and sometimes tossle and turn with different scenerios about the subject. This morning, before going to work, I came across this passage that really struck me.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:25-27

God has it all under control. Whether this job is His path for me or not, who am I to worry? Worrying would make me feel like I am in control and don't trust in God's infinite plan for my life. Obviously, He's got it all together! And most importantly, if I worry, will that change God's mind about certain issues and situations in my life! No-He already knows and has determined the outcome. All it does is add wrinkles to this almost 23 year old face!

No comments:

Post a Comment