Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Church Job and the Smithsonian

Could you imagine putting a necklace like this together?!

Jewels, jewels everywhere!!!!!

Marie Antoinette wore these beauties.

This necklace was given to a Prima Donna at the MET from her husband on their wedding day. Coincidence?? I think I could make it work with an outfit.

Holy Sapphires!!
I was thinking I could borrow the one of the right for the wedding. Please and thank you.

Of course, none of these compare to the one Joe Joe gave me! :)

Absolutely gorgeous.

The Hope Diamond, out of its original setting.

That T-Rex was HUGE.

Look! We found Nemo, Marlin, and Dori in the same tank!!

Joe had his chance for an up-close-and-personal. I don't think he liked it.

I think it was taller than me.

Look how gross that giant squid is!!


The Natural History Museum at the Smithsonian!

On Sunday morning, Joe and I got an early start on the metro to downtown Washington, D.C. Thankfully, he was able to get a church job during the school year that only needs him for three hours on Sunday morning. We arrived at the church at 10am on Pennsylvania Avenue (just a few blocks from the White House) and had to split while he rehearsed for the 11am service. The church was beautiful and had alot of rich history-a few presidents have visited there, including JFK and Ronald Reagan.


Even though the service was Catholic, the music was absolutely gorgeous. I was really able to appreciate the music Joe's choir sang because most of it was either classical or some sort of gregorian chanting. They even sang Beati Quorum Via, a song Chorale sang during my freshman year. I must say, it did make me miss singing in a choir. After the service, Joe had rehearsal for about an hour, so I went to a deli down the street to get some lunch and kill time.


Once he finished, we decided to walk to hop on the metro towards the Smithsonian to see the Hope Diamond. I wanted to see it because the actual diamond was out of its original necklace setting, as it had been recently cleaned and weighed. It was breathtaking! We walked through the gem exhibits and were able to see some of the biggest jewels in the world. While we were at the Smithsonian (Natural History Museum), we looked at the dinosaurs and the sea exhibit. It was great! Our feet were killing us after two long days of walking, so we got back on the metro and headed back to Joe's apartment. We each relaxed and took a little nap before going to the grocery store to buy some goods for the Colts game (a pizza, cookies, and all the junk food you can imagine). Let's just say after that trip to the grocery store, Joe and I looked at each other and decided that the wedding diet is starting SOON. :) All in all, we had a great time together and enjoyed talking and being with one anot

No comments:

Post a Comment