Sunday, September 20, 2009

Love Happens


Yesterday, Mandy and I met to spend some time together. It was the first night I had off of work for a while, and was excited to do something fun. After working a little bit in the morning, I met up with her at the mall and did some shopping. We decided to go to the movie, Love Happens, at 7:30 and quickly hurried over to the movie theater.


I love going to movies. I don't know if it is the exclusive trailers for the new movies, the anticipation of the plot, or all of the fun snacks I get to eat while watching it! The movie was somewhat depressing, but really good. It really made me think about how I live my life-and living it to fullest! Mandy and I decided that the next movie we go to will definitely have to be something a little more light-hearted (last movie we saw was My Sister's Keeper).


Today, at the church we have been visiting in the meantime, the pastor spoke about living your life with the end in mind. It was fascinating. The message somewhat coincided with the movie last night, except the sermon had more of a Christian focus. of course. Even though I am almost 23 years old, do I live my life with the end in mind? Do I make every day count and try to make a difference in the world around me? I must say, I don't think about dying alot. However, I know that life is a precious gift from God and can be taken away at any minute. This is something that I can always do better. I want to wake up every morning, realizing that it is a gift, and serve the Lord using the gifts He has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment