Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Very Important Interview

During my last trip to Indy for interviews, I sent an email to a friend of a former choreographer who worked at Clowes Hall. She informed me that at the present time, she did not have any openings for positions within the theatre. She included in the email that is anything came across her plate, she would forward my resume. At the time, I didn't believe her.

About a week ago, I received an email from the Operations Manager at Broadway Across America in Indy. She remarked that my resume had been forwarded to her by the employee at Clowes Hall, and that the company had a position open in the Indy office. The position was the Group Sales Manager that would report directly to the Regional President in Louisville, KY.

I immediately email her back with my enthusiasm about the opening. She forwarded my cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Regional President for review. The Regional President emailed me back within a couple of hours to request an interview. I was stoked! However, the only inconvienient part about the deal was the fact that I had to leave Joe a day early to drive to Indy for the interview. I am so thankful he is supportive of my future career. I left to drive home Monday night and woke up Tuesday morning to haul myself to Indianapolis. I arrived late in the evening at the Shadday's home and was very excited to see Jessie, Cooper, Baylor, Missy, Joe's Mama, and a few of Missy's friends who were constructing baskets for the upcoming Food Pantry Auction.

This morning, I woke up extra early to prepare for the interview. I left for the downtown office around 10am-giving myself plenty of time to get there early and focus. The interview began at 11am, and I was able to meet the Regional President as well as the Operations Manager. The position is awesome, and one that is right up my alley. I am thrilled about this opportunity and hope that something will come out of it. The interview went very well, and I should be hearing back from them sometime by the end of the week or beginning of next week. All in all, I hope that God's will is done. If He wants me to have this position, I continue to pray that He will open doors. If not, I pray that He will close the door and open a door somewhere else. Nevertheless, I am encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. I am praying that it works out. We loved seeing you!

    ReplyDelete