Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


"A righteous man who walk in his integrity-How blessed are his sons (and daughters) after him." -Proverbs 20:7

This morning, we went to a church in town and the pastor had a short message about fathers. For the first time, it really hit me. I don't know if it's because I am at the age where marriage and families are starting to become a reality, but I am so thankful for the father that I have. We celebrated him with a steak dinner and opening presents tonight. I can honestly say that throughout my life, my dad has always been there for me. Not once did he miss a softball game, a piano concert, a voice recital, a cheerleading game, a church function, a graduation, or a special ceremony that I was apart of. When I think back about all of the circumstances that he has endured, it is amazing to me that he always listened to God to guide our family on the path he prepared for us. He always made sure that I knew he loved me, despite all of the broken hearts or situations I experienced. I am so thankful that he took the time out of his crazy hectic schedule as a pastor to be a dad. Dad, you are such a great role model, and I am thankful for you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment