Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When you wish upon a star...(reflections)
















Instead of having a post that goes on for pages....I made a separate post for all of my reflections over the past 6 months in Disney World. These are some of the highlights:
January:
-Moved to a completely new state, city
-Did not know anyone!
-Met new roommates, acclamated to new job at Hollywood Studios
-Literally went to a Disney park everyday
-Earned my ears and became an official Disney castmember
-Sang in the American Idol experience and Won!
-Shivered a little in the unusually cold weather
February:
-Met our awesome neighbors
-Experience warmer weather~80 degree weather in February!
-Went to the parks even more
-Watched and cheered at the American Idol Motorcade and official opening of the attraction
-Joe and I celebrated our two year anniversary with an amazing weekend in Disney World
-The start of my internship and the entertainment show production class
March:
-My family visits to Disney!
-Job shadowing at Beauty and the Beast
-Singing National Anthem at Atlanta Braves Spring Training Game
-Many wonderful Siesta Key visits to spend time with Missy, Jessie, Baylor, and Cooper
-Saw my first space shuttle launch
-Took a tour of the Magic Kingdom resorts
-MORE park visits
-A great couple of days in Siesta Key with Joe and his family (circus, St. Armands, and walks on the beach)
April:
-EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival
-Dying easter eggs with roommates
-Getting to know and love roommates more on many wild and crazy adventures
-Finished internship with job shadowing at American Idol
-GOT ENGAGED!!
-Spent the most amazing weekend of my life with Joe and my parents celebrating our engagement
-Got dolled up and went to the Going Hollywood formal at the Coronado
May:
-College Program Graduation
-My college graduation at Anderson
-Joe's college graduation at Depauw
-Curtis' graduation from Seminary
-Seeing friends and family in Indiana
-Saying goodbye to roommates
-Moving into a new apartment and beginning the extension of my college program
I have been so completely blessed by my experience at Disney. I began there with many hopes and ambitions, and I felt as though I left a different person. I learned so many things about myself, and learned how to be a true professional at all times. I learned how to let loose, have fun, and never take any day for granted. I saw many doors open, but also many doors close. Disney will always hold a special place in my heart. I will never forget the day Joe asked me to marry him. The people that helped make that wish a reality will always be special to the both of us. I can't wait to visit and remember the cherished memories we made that weekend. It is hard to explain all of the amazing experiences in which I had, but I know I will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment