Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Change

Wow. These past two and a half weeks have been crazy to say the least. I'll give an update about all of the events that have occurred to keep everyone up to speed.

After the most recent post, I worked a few days, but continued to feel physically exhausted and ill. On Saturday, May 30th, I decided to finally go to the doctor and get medicine to aid the pain. After a two hour wait at the med check, the news was not good. The doctor diagnosed me with shingles, and prescribed me three different medications for the illness and the pain. She wrote a note relieving me from work, stating that I wouldn't be able to go back to work for about a week. I was shocked! I had no idea that the bumps on my face and the extreme exhaustion I was experiencing would be shingles. For a week, I layed in bed, watched every season of Friends, and felt an immense amount of pain. To say the least, I was a little discouraged.

Through a serious of other events (my car battery dying, my computer crashing), I felt as though it was best to end the college program early and go home. The doctor, my family, and I were a little concerned about returning to work after being out for a week. One of the causes of shingles can be a weak immune system, and returning to the world of little children and germs was not the best remedy. Since returning from Joe's graduation in Indiana in the middle of May, I felt as though God was tugging at my heart. Through very obvious signals, I believed that God was showing me that my journey and time in Disney World was done. Thankfully, I had completed my first college program in May and was only working the extension of the college program into the summer. After talking to my managers at work and my family, the decision was made to end the program early and return home.

On Tuesday, June 9th, my dad came down to Disney to help me pack up all of my things and leave. I was able to say goodbye to all of the managers and wonderful people I met at Disney. A few of them gave me their cards and numbers. They assured me that when Joe and I wanted to come back and work for Disney, all we would have to do is give them a call, and they would work up some sort of gig for us. Wow! Joe and I love Disney, and I have no doubt that we will see them again soon. I sure hope our career paths cross again someday.

After over 1,000 miles in the car and a 18 hour drive, my dad and I made it safely home to Butler, PA Thursday evening, June 11th. What an amazing feeling it has been to be home once again. I have such a feeling of relief, and truly a place where I can rest and feel renewed. I have had many days to think, reflect, remember all of the amazing experiences I had in Disney. What a blessing it is to have a place to come home to and a family who is supportive no matter what.

I am encouraged about the future. I have no idea what is in store, but I feel as though God is daily leading me and sculpting me into the person He wants me to be. I can't wait to see where He leads me next, and am more excited to see how He continues to mold me as I prepare for adult life and a marriage to the man of my dreams, Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment