Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Disney College Program Graduation!

With my favorite Graduation Stars
Yay! We finished!

Diploma count: 1 out of 2. Check!

The twins celebrating

Roommates with Goofy!
My Dad's favorite, Donald Duck, struting his best Tommy Bahamas look


Goofy getting down on the dance floor.

Today was a beautiful day to celebrate! My roommates and I requested the day off a few weeks ago because the College Program was sponsoring graduation activites for students completing the Spring semester! We all dawned dresses and headed to Mickey's Retreat (across the street from our aparmtent complex) to attend the festivities. It was a VERY Hot day! We have been experiencing really hot weather for the past two weeks (mid 90's) and haven't had a drop of rain since mid-April. However, it didn't hold us back from having a good time.

They had lots of things to do at Mickey's Retreat-a DJ, large inflatables to play on, a place to have a caricature drawn of you, pictures with Mickey, Minnie, and all the gang, paddleboat races, food, etc. It was a really great way to celebrate all of the hard work we have done this semester. We even received Mickey ears with a graduation tassel and a certificate of achievement!! It was really neat for me to attend, simply because my official graduation is in just a few days.

I received my graduation memo from Anderson University today stating that I am officially graduating on Saturday! I had been waiting for my internship portfolio and materials to be reviewed by my advisor and a grade to be turned in. Not only did I pass my internship, but I received an A for my presentation! Hooray! I can't wait for this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment