Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Earl of Sandwich

Our favorite Disney hats!
MMM...Caprese sandwiches!

After a hot day at work, Katie and I decided to go treat ourselves to a dinner at Downtown Disney. The weather was perfect towards the evening, and we decided to get a sandwich and sit outside near Earl of Sandwich. I got my favorite sandwich, the Caprese, which has become somewhat of a food obsession to me as of lately. We watched the kids playing in the water squirting up from the ground outside of Once Upon a Toy. It was so freeing to watch the kids play. Children are so in the moment-not worrying about what is coming next or the effects of their actions at that particular time. We enjoyed watching the joy on their faces, the almost exuberance that was displayed on their smiles and glees of happiness. Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again. In their minds, all they could think about was, "How can I have the most fun time right here and right now?" And for most of them, that answer was becoming extremely soaked by the water that was shooting out of a Mickey shaped head on the ground! After sitting under the warm May sunset, we walked around to different shops and looked around. It was nice to just enjoy the weather and spend time with my roommate Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment