Friday, February 6, 2009

Chilly Day

The losers of Disney scene it

The winners of Disney scene it

Finding Nemo, The Musical!

Look at all of those gators!

That hippo has got the right idea. These are a few of the animals I saw on the safari.

Mount Everest. I really went on it!
The Tree of Life. Yay!

Even though Florida is tradionally known as the sunshine state full of warm weather, it can be deceiving. This winter Orlando has already recorded 4 freezes. This is more in one winter than in the previous eight winters combined. Today, we experience some of our coldest temperatures yet. The high was lingering around forty degrees, with the low creeping into the mid twenties (I always wanted to be a meterologist-sadly, this stuff interestes me alot). I decided to brave the cold and visit the only park I have never seen at Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom. It is a beautiful park with amazing wildlife reserves and fun rides to attract both young and mature minds alike. My favorite part was watching the Finding Nemo Musical which almost looked and sounded like it should be on Broadway (hint, hint Disney). Since it was so cold and almost noone was there, I was able to walk onto every ride without a wait and do everything I desired to do by the late afternoon. I came home to dethaw from my adventurous day and quickly was in the car again to find dinner. Chinese food has never been a big love of mine, but since I have visited Epcot and Animal Kingdom's Asia section, I have craved chicken and lo mein. After convincing my roommate Shannon to come with me, we ordered take-out and even received a discount for being Disney employees! We came back to the apartment, ate our food, and were already thinking of a fun activity for the evening. Eventually, we collectively decided with our neighbors next door to have a huge game of Disney scene it. It was so much fun! I had yet another wonderful day off, but am looking forward to the warmer temperatures ahead.

1 comment:

  1. i wanna see the second place photo!
    this is sean by the way

    ReplyDelete