Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Start of My Internship

Today, I went to get a jump start on putting my internship portfolio together. Since I had the day off, I went over to Hollywood Studios a little early to do some shopping and check out the show times for Beauty and the Beast. I decided that for my internship portfolio I would do some job shadowing at different theaters and shows around Disney World. I was familiar with a couple of the people at Beauty and the Beast, so I started there. After sitting through the show, I waited for the theater to clear and went over to the tech booth to talk to the crew. The stage manager just happened to be there-how convienient! I explained to them what I needed and who I was, and they were very helpful. The stage manager gave me the name and number to the head stage manager and informed me to call and talk to him. I called him about an hour later, and he was very eager to help! We both agreed to meet on Wednesday, my day off, and he would allow me to job shadow him at the theater during the day. He said I would be in a variety of locations for different shows-backstage for one, onstage for one, and with the crew for one. He also told me that he would set up a time where I could talk one-on-one to Belle and Gaston, the only miked singers in the show. How cool!! I can't believe I have these kinds of opportunites to fulfill an amazing internship. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. You have the coolest job in the world. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete