Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Next Rachel Ray

My roommates have taught me well!

The final product-green beans with lemon herb butter sauce and roasted garlic cheesy mashed potatoes (and of course a cherry coke, my favorite!)


The next Rachel Ray? Ok...maybe not. However, since coming to Disney World, I have become quite the cook. My roommate, Jackie, is a big cook along with all of my other roommates. I feel like I have more time to cook now than ever-maybe because I don't have lots of homework or late night rehearsals. I like to bake things, but I have become very experimental in the kitchen. I really like using garlic, lemons, basil, olive oil, lots of herbs. Today, I decided to use a bag of red potatoes that I bought a while ago (before they started to grow things on them...) and snaps. The final product was roasted garlic cheesy mashed potatoes and green beans in a lemon herb butter sauce. Whew! My excitement quickly diminished when I saw the huge pile of dishes in the sink. And then I remembered why I like going out to eat all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment