Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Magic Kingdom

We have all become obsessed with finding Hidden Mickeys (hidden images of Mickey found in architecture, attractions, and other things in Disney World). Here is one we found on Splash Mountain. Can you see it? Mickey is laying down in the cloud!
Splash Mountain!


We needed to ride Thunder Mountain Railroad again to give it the stamp of approval.


First time on Thunder Mountain Railroad. Hold onto those ears!

The Dreams show in front of the castle with all of the Disney characters and princesses!

I love this ride!


Katie, Jackie, and I on Winnie the Pooh!

Since I have been visiting EPCOT and Animal Kingdom on my days off and I work in Hollywood Studios, I feel as though I have been neglecting the pinnacle of Disney World, Magic Kingdom. I have also been waiting for a sunny day off so that I could sit by the pool and soak up some rays. During the morning, I layed by the pool with my roommate Jackie until the late morning and then ran some quick errands before getting ready for the day. Before going into the park, Katie, Jackie, and I stopped by a store that we had heard about from other cast members called Cast Connection. It is a huge warehouse full of Disney toys, clothing, figurines, housewares-basically anything Disney. There is also a section of damages and overstocks that contain items that have been slightly damaged or overstocked in the park stores. Most of the time, you can't even figure out why the item is damaged. The great thing about this store is that everything is at least 75% off! Some examples of things I bought-Mickey ears=$0.25 each, houseware cups=$1.50 (usually $10), and a Disney houseware bowl=$3.00. All in all, I ended up spending about $20 and bought 5 Mickey ears, 4 cups, 1 bowl, a few stuffed animals, and a couple other items. I think I have found my new favorite store!
We went into the park after shopping and began with riding Space Mountain. Wait for lines were not long at all. At the maximum, we waited about 20 minutes for a ride. In about 3 hours we rode Space Mountain twice, Thunder Mountain Railroad twice, Splash Mountain once, Winnie the Pooh once, ate dinner, and topped the night off with ice cream. It was such a gorgeous day. I wore shorts and didn't even need a jacket after the sun went down. Yet again, Wishes was beautiful, and I can't wait to share this experience with friends and family that are coming down to visit soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's been a while since Jessie first told me about your blog. I just caught up. It looks like you are having a great time. I wish we could take Maddy and Baylor there right now!:) What a great experience! I'm jealous of the warmer weather. Hope you continue to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete