Saturday, February 14, 2009

Special Meaning

Joe and I this past Christmas 2008 at Yuletide

Joe was named the best Seussical fan! He came to seven out of the eight shows. Another reason why I love him so much.


At Katie and Adam McDaniel's wedding, June 2008


Snow White and her Prince Charming! Halloween 2007


Christmas 2007, right before Yuletide!


A visit to see Joe in Indiana after he came home from Italy in August 2007!


Joe came to visit me in Pittsburgh after I came home from a Scandanavian tour in May 2008!


Our first formal-Anderson University March 2007


Our first picture together. We went swing dancing for our third date. Notice the "coming attractions" sign above us! January 2007.


Even though Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate couples, it holds a very different and special meaning to me. Two years ago, today, Joe came to visit me and officially ask for me to be his girlfriend. It was pretty snowy outside, and he probably shouldn't have driven all the way to Anderson (sorry Mimi!!), but I am so glad he did. We had been introduced by Joe's cousin, Katie Drake McDaniel, who suggested we would get along quite well. She was right. On a Saturday in January he took me out to dinner, and we have been together ever since. When I think back about my college career, it is hard to think of a time where Joe wasn't there. He is a huge blessing to me, and I am so lucky to have him. He inspires me, uplifts me, encourages me, and most of all, just loves me. I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend, or even a better best friend. He truly is the most amazing man I have ever met, and I am thrilled to celebrate this anniversary with him. I miss him terribly and have not seen him for two months. I absolutely estatic to see him soon. Happy Anniversary sweetheart! I am SO EXCITED to see you down in Disney World in 5 days!!! I love you all the world!

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I am crying. I love being with the two of you and feel so blessed to have you too. We love you. I am so happy that you two are able to see each other in just a few days. I loved all the pictures. What fun!

    ReplyDelete