Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Day of Class


We had a great time in Mexico! Olay!

Just keep swimming...

Here they are-cokes from around the world!

I've never been here before! In EPCOT, you can sample Cokes from around the world!

The front of the maingate building where all of my classes will be held.

Since most of the participants in the College Program are taking a semester off of school, Disney has a great way to help students earn college credit in the process. They are called the Disney College Program Development and Professional Series, and a variety of classes are offered to every participant. I have officially finished all of my college credits, but I looked into the idea of taking a class just to boost my resume and network. I was accepted into a special Entertainment Show Production class only available to theater and film majors (somehow I got in!). We had our first day today and took a bus to a building called Maingate. This is where we will have our class weekly. It is an important building that holds confidential meetings for Imagineers and Entertainment executives working on upcoming Disney projects. We will be able to meet many show producers and learn step-by-step how a show is developed from the beginning to the end. It will be very beneficial, and I will be able to meet and and network with many people in the entertainment segment of The Walt Disney Company. What a great opportunity! To top it off, I won a special prize for being in class today-only two of us out of the 100 students won! Yay!

Tonight, my roommates and I went to EPCOT to be together and get out of the house. We had a great time walking around and doing some of the smaller rides around the World Showcase. I treated myself to a funnel cake since I never order one when Joe was here. Bad idea. I ate it all myself. And I wonder why I am gaining weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment