Monday, February 23, 2009

A Magical Weekend: Day 3



Our day started a little late, because we had to get Joe settled into his new room for the night. Once we got on our way, we were ready to take on Magic Kingdom. As we walked in, a park greeter saw our special anniversary pins and gave us special pixie dust to throw into the air and make a wish at the Castle. Joe thought of a great idea-to have a photopass photographer take our picture as we threw our magical pixie dust in the air. I can't tell you what our wishes were-if I tell you, they won't come true! :)

We were very efficient with fast passes and riding all of our favorite attractions. We rode almost every single ride offered in Disney World. Seriously. Joe and I know how to do Disney. We had a great time running around like little kids. I think between the two of us, we ate all of our favorite snacks at Magic Kingdom (mickey ice cream, rice krispie treats, blast-off slushy, goofy sours..etc.) and rode our favorite attractions (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Teacups, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion). We even found time to see Minnie and Mickey! It was very nice being able to make a mapped plan and do exactly what we wanted to do all day. More than anything, it was nice to just experience it together.

We headed over to Tony's for dinner around 7:15pm. It was absolutely excellent! The atmosphere was great, and our waiter had our food out extra fast in time for the fireworks display, Wishes. We were out just in time, and found a great spot to watch my favorite thing in all of Disney World-the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. I must admit, my wish for a while has been to spend time with Joe in Disney World, and I cried a little as I listened because it had finally come true. I am so blessed to have a wonderful man like him in my life.

After the fireworks we did some shopping for souvenirs and things we couldn't live without. Of course, with Joe and I, this is almost everything. However, to my surprise, we only spent about $150 between the two of us. Pretty good! For our anniversary, I got Joe two pieces of art called Gallery of Lights, and we were excited to already add to our collection. Magic Kingdom had extra magic hours, meaning that the park was open only for resort guests to ride the attractions with little or no wait. It was great! We ended the night with a final ride on Joe's favorite attraction, Splash Mountain. Needless to say, we both got soaked. What a great end to the weekend.

I was very sad to see Joe leave. It gets harder everytime I have to say goodbye. However, I am so thankful for the amount of time I was able to spend with him. Even though we don't know when he will be down in Disney World again, I already can't wait to see him! I know we have some amazing memories from this weekend that I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! I am so glad you guys had a great time. We miss you so much and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! Loved the teacup pictures!

    ReplyDelete