Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Toy Story Midway Mania

Pixar Place!



A talking and interacting Mr. Potato Head!

Excited to ride the ride!

Demonstrating how to operate the trigger.

Megan and I on the ride, ready to go!


Even though I worked early this morning, I found a way to have fun this evening to celebrate my day off tomorrow. During our meetings at work, my manager has been advertising a night of fun from 9pm to midnight at the newest ride at Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Midway Mania. The managers at the ride needed cast member volunteers to ride the attraction in order to "test a new loading procedure." I think that the managers were attempting to allow cast members to ride it without guests after park hours without having to wait hours in line. Usually, the wait time for this ride hovers around 120 minutes and fast passes are gone for the rest of the day before noon. This was definitely a great opportunity! My roommates and I headed over there at 9pm and rode the ride a couple of times in order to get the hang of it. It is so fun! The ride is in 3D and designed like a carnival of games. A cart takes you through a variety of carnival games, and the object is to shoot different objects to score the most points. It is a great ride for kids, and I can see why the wait it always so long. I have been waiting to ride this attraction and am so glad Disney opened it up for cast members to have a night of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment