Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beauty and the Beast!

What a great day!

The amazing and craftful stage of Beauty and the Beast

Today I started my music business internship at Beauty and the Beast. It was amazing! I arrived at the theater around 10:15am and met the stage manager. He was really nice and very helpful with everything! I had a sit down session with him and was able to ask a million questions under the sun pertaining to his role in the production. During the first show of the morning, I sat in the tech booth and was given a headset to hear the stage manager call cues for the show. It was awesome! He had every single cue memorized! He gave me a script to follow along. When I had a chance to look at all the cues in the script, it was unbelievable how much lighting and sound affected the show. In between the shows, I sat backstage in the green room, listening to meetings and talking to dancers/singers in the cast. I was given a backstage tour of the dressing rooms, lighting rooms, hair/make-up rooms, and prop areas. Milton, the backstage manager, was very informative about all of the happenings behind the stage. I was even able to see how they do the transformation! That magic of Disney-I love it. After the second show, I had a chance to have one-on-ones with Belle and Gaston, the only miked singers of the show. They had so much insight about equity, performing, and auditioning at Disney. I hope I remembered most of it, because I was so star struck the entire time! I watched the third show from the house, and it was amazing to see all of the elements come together for a great performance. The stage manager gave me his business card after the day and said that I could contact if I ever needed anything. He even called a production assistant he knows at another show and set up a job shadowing day for me! I had a great day!

I also got a call from the producer for the Atlanta Braves Spring Training games. He called to inform me that I will be singing the national anthem this Sunday! I am so excited! I think this is a good thing-it gives me less time to be nervous. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment