Friday, March 27, 2009

A Nice Getaway...and a magic moment

I love this picture because Baylor sneaked in at the last minute!

We had a great time at the circus!

What a wonderful few days I have had. I was able to get about three days off of work and travel to Siesta Key to spend time with Joe and some of his family. On Wednesday, we went to the beach and it was beautiful. After a little lunch and swimming at the pool, it was time for a nap for everyone. While everyone stayed inside, Joe and I decided to go lay on lounge chairs by the beach waves. It was so relaxing just sleeping and listening to the sounds of the ocean. We quickly got ready and went to the Sailor Circus in Siesta Key. It was comprised of middle and high school students performing amazing circus tricks. I was so impressed! On Thursday, we woke up a little later and went to the beach. It was a little rough, but still wonderful. Joe and I were able to take long walks on the beach (hehe...sounds cheesy) both days, and we had a great time talking and just being together. We went to the pool in the afternoon, came in a took and nap, and got ready to go to dinner. We went to a really yummy place that Joe picked out called Cosimos Too. It was very tasty. Joe and I walked around the mall before going home while the rest of his family headed on to their condo. I woke up very early this morning to drive from Siesta to be at work in Hollywood Studios around 8:30am. Whew! I was ready to get to take a nap after work already!

Even though I was tired, I had a great day at work. I had a very special magical moment with one particular family. After a guest gave me 14 fastpasses to the coveted ride Toy Story Midway Mania because she was not going to be able to use them, I was excited to hand them out to special families. I found guests who were celebrating special birthdays, who had just gotten engaged, married...etc. and surprised them with fastpasses. After handing out a majority of them, I only had three left. I thought to myself, I am going to find a very special family of three to give them to. Soon after that, a family of three (mom, dad, son around the age of 8) approached me to take their picture. I noticed they were all wearing an "I'm Celebrating!" button with a written line saying Daddy's R & R. Curiously, I asked them what they were celebrating. They informed me that the dad had just flown in from Iraq after his long tour of duty, and they were re-united right in front of Hollywood Studios for the first time in 2 years. I asked them why they picked Hollywood Studios to visit first, and they told me they have been wanting to ride the new Toy Story ride. I knew this was the family I wanted to give the fastpasses to. I presented the fastpasses to them, and they all immediately started crying. They were all so happy to just be together. It was so moving! I know that I didn't do anything to make their day particularly special, just that I was there in the right place at the right time to give them a small present for all of the hardships they have endured over the past two years. It was a wonderful magic moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment