Sunday, March 8, 2009

Singing At a Braves Game

Everyone with Goofy! (the other family is the girl who threw the first pitch and her mother, brother)

Goofy wishing me luck!




What a cool day! After working about 3 hours early this morning, I headed over to the Wide World of Sports to meet with the entertainment manager for the Spring Training game. My managers were so nice, and they were so flexible with my work schedule today. I quickly met Cliff, and we were on our way. He took myself and the young girl who was chosen to throw the first pitch into the dugout to prepare before the game started. She was so nice, and even brought her family with her. I even told her she could sing with me-but I think I scared her with that idea. It was so great! We were right next to the Braves dugout for about 30 minutes. I saw so many cool professional players and even got to meet their head coach! The young girl went before me onto the field to throw the first pitch. With Goofy accompanying me, I went onto the field after her and sang the national anthem. It was so amazing! What a neat experience to stand in front of thousands of fans and lead them! I was very honored. After singing, the entertainment manager asked for my email address for any future auditions that he may become aware of. Wow! I was also so surprised when my roommates Katie, Shannon, and Megan showed up to cheer me on! They are so sweet. We all ate lunch at the Wide World of Sports and had to depart for work. I went back to work until the early evening, and was ready to go home after a long, but exciting day. I have been so blessed with wonderful opportunities while being at Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment