Thursday, January 22, 2009

American Idol

Fantasmic was amazing!

I wanna be Belle. I won't lie.


Be Our Guest, put our service to the test!

We are afraid to ride the Tower of Terror!

The American Idol Experience


I sure did! My Tag says "Vote for me!"


The anticipation is mounting...did I make it??


What a fun day! After sleeping in this morning, I woke up and got ready to go to the Hollywood Studios for my second day off of work. When I got there, I went straight to the American Idol experience to audition for a spot in the show. I sang for a casting director and a producer, and I was selected to be in the 6:00pm Idol show! All of the casting directors and producers had great things to say, and when I told them I worked at Disney they assummed I was a singer here. When I told them I was a CP (college program) doing photography, they immediately told me to audition for shows and singing here! Our callback was at 4:50pm where we had our hair and makeup professional done and had a 15 minute vocal coaching with a Disney vocal coach. We then were given the stage directions for the show and even had a chance to practice our song before it started. I was the first performer, with two other performer following me. The "judges" had great things to say, telling me that I should audition to be a performer down there. The judges were from various Disney shows-one was the casting director of Beauty and the Beast, another a performer in Disney show, and another a producer for Disney recording labels. The audience voted and the votes were tallied. I didn't officially win, because cast members are not allowed to win. However, when we walked off stage, the host informed me that I had received the most votes! Crazy! Each judge encouraged me to continue to sing and to audition as much as I can while I am down here. It was very nice to get a chance to sing and be reaffirmed in my gifts. During this time, I went on Rock-n-Roller coaster, watched the Beauty and the Beast show, and rode Tower of Terror. I met my roommates and we all watched Fantasmic together. It was amazing! I love how each park at Disney is unique and has its own theme. I had a great day off and was so thankful for a wonderful experience like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment