Friday, January 23, 2009

First Paycheck!

All of my hard work payed off! (bad joke, sorry)

After almost two weeks of working, I finally received my first paycheck from Disney World today! It was pretty good, and it suddenly made everything that I have been doing for the past two weeks not so bad. Since I am a big girl now and have a semi-real job, I have decided to create a budget. Call it my New Year's resolution. I have made a list of how to divide all of my paychecks, which will help me whenever I receive a paycheck to know where to put it.


Work today was good. I am finally starting to get into a schedule, which is nice. However, it is a harsh adjustment to the real world. Unlike college, I can't skip work without receiving a penalty (like I did class) if I don't feel like going. The importance of a good work ethic and a positive attitude are huge in the day-to-day bustle of the work environment. I have made it my goal to smile as much as I can to everyone around me while at work and to try to make everyone feel a little bit better about their day. It makes the day go by faster and always keeps my attitude in check.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you are making everyone's day better with your great smile. The paycheck is great, I miss getting one of those.

    ReplyDelete