Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Day of Training

Epcot, where we saw the beautiful fireworks!
The Animation Studios where I had training at Hollywood Studios. You can see the Mulan sketches on the wall!

I officially began my first day of training as a photopass photographer at Hollywood Studios. Dressed in my Disney look, I boarded a bus at 7:45am that took me directly to the backstage cast services building at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We walked on and offstage (terminology for Disney) to arrive at our base where we would begin our training. We spent a majority of the day at the Animation Studios, where we learned how to relate with guests and operate these high tech cameras. Let's just say I better not mess this up-those cameras hanging on my neck are about $5,000! An interesting fact: the building where we had our training was the place where animators created the films Mulan and Lilo and Stitch. Pretty cool! After a loooong day of training, I went to the costuming services to receive five sets of costumes. Stay tuned, because in a future post, I will attempt to persuade my roommates to do a fashion show of some of the costumes we will all be wearing when you see us in the parks! After getting home around 6:30pm, I went to a nearby outlet mall to pick up the appropriate shoes and socks for my costume tomorrow. When I came home, my roommates and I decided to all meet together and go to Epcot to see the Illuminations fireworks display before the park closed. It was so beautiful! I love fireworks very much. They are one of my favorite things to see. I was kind of sad though, because the last time I watched the Epcot fireworks, Joe was next to me. I can't wait for him to come down and visit and to see him soon! I do love him and miss him very much. I can't wait to see all of the other firework night shows soon!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the costume pictures. Sounds like you had a busy day. We love you!

    ReplyDelete