Monday, January 26, 2009

Night Training

After working during the day for the past two weeks, today we finally learned how to take pictures at night at Hollywood Studios. Along with this training, we learned how to order and print photos in a place called "the view" (our viewing station in the park where guests can view and print their photos). While I was working in the view today, a couple with a 5 year old son came in and wished to view their photos that were taken of their son during the Jedi Training Academy. When I found all the pictures of their son and placed them onto their photopass card, we were able to see them again and determine which prints the parents wanted to buy. I began to play with different borders and stamps to put on the pictures when I suddenly noticed that the mom and dad were tearing up. The mom explained to me that this Star Wars event was the only thing that had made their son happy the entire trip. He had been very sick for a long time and had recently become better a few weeks before leaving for Florida. Essentially, this trip was a big deal for them as they didn't know how long he would be well. I aided them in picking out the best pictures, editting them, and placing them in very special frames. It made me feel honored that I was there to make their day a little better. They expressed their appreciation multiple times, and the mother left the view in tears. I could help but think if the picture I printed for them would be one of the last pictures they would have in Disney World as a family. What a privaledge it is to make someone's day magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment