Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last Day of Training-YAY!

The finale!
When you wish upon a star....(my favorite part)

A few of my roommates in front of the castle (Jackie, Katie, me, and Jackie)


Today was our final day of training. Thank goodness! It has been a loooong week with long hours attempting to learn how to take pictures the "Disney" way. However, I think I got it all down. Tomorrow, I will have my first day of work. I am really bummed, because I would like to go explore different churches in the area, but I will be working from the morning until the late afternoon. Even though training was long, we did some pretty neat stuff today. While getting a tour of the park, we were able to watch a Jedi Master training show. A Jedi Master picks children that he senses has the force and teaches them the ways of the Jedi. At the end, each child is able to fight the dark side (Darth Vador and Storm Troopers) and defeat them. It was pretty cute! We also were able to have a sneak peak behind the newest attraction at Hollywood Studios, The American Idol experience. It is incredible! Guests are nominated throughout the day to compete in various shows on the Idol stage. The audience chooses who wins the preliminary show, and each winner for that day comes back to the finale that night. Whoever wins the finale receives a "golden ticket" that allows them to bypass all lines and have an immediate audition with the judges for the next American Idol audition! Pretty good, huh? Casting Directors are usually the judges, so it can't hurt the get up on stage and show them what you got. Cast members are allowed to participate as contestants until Jan. 25, so I think my roommate and I are going to audition this coming Wednesday on my day off! The official opening of the ride is on Valentine's Day. After work, I met my roommates at Magic Kingdom to see the Specktromagic Parade and the fireworks. I do love the fireworks here so much! We were able to ride some attractions after the fireworks show "Wishes" because the park was open to 11pm. I must say, it is pretty cool to just go to Disney World to have fun and relax after finishing work. Ending everyday with fireworks is a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment