Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Officially a Cast Member!

HUGE T-Rex! Waiting for our table inside.
Inside of the T-Rex resteraunt with the HUGE aquarium and octopus!

The T-Rex resteraunt at Downtown Disney.


Sleeping Beauty in front of the World of Disney!

The roomies and I at Downtown Disney! From left to right: Megan, Shannon, me, Jackie, Katie, and Jackie.

I won a Minnie figurine after answering a question correctly at Traditions!


Jackie, my roommate, and I with our Disney badges!


My roommates and I boarding the bus to Traditions! The Disney Look is required, or else you will be kicked out of class!

Have a magical day here at the Walt Disney Resort! Today I officially became a cast member of Walt Disney Company. My roommates and I got up early to catch a bus that took us to the Disney University to take our orientation class called "Traditions." The class lasted about 5 hours. We learned all about the history of Disney, the present conditions of Disney, and the future path the company is pursuing. It is so exciting to think that I am apart of the newest generation influencing the future of Disney World! At the class we received our official name tag with our school's name on it. We also received our "golden ticket" or our Disney ID. This ID allows me to get into the parks for free anytime I want and includes various other discounts for other Disney owned companies. I get 50% off of merchandise in the parks, 30% off of resteraunt bills, and 40-50% off of a Disney resort stay. Crazy! The leaders also told us that we should always flash the ID whereever I go because you never know what Disney owns that could potentially give you a discount (a random discount-I can receive free admission into the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC because Disney owns ABC, which owns the MET!) After class, all of us roommates went to Downtown Disney to get something to eat and walk around. We ended up going to the new resteraunt, T-Rex, and it is so cool! It is alot like the Rainforest Cafe, but with dinosaurs! Tomorrow I start my first full day of training in the Disney's MGM Hollywood Studios. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment