Sunday, January 25, 2009

Florida Sunshine


After a week of unusually cold temperatures, today was the first day the sunshine and warmer weather arrived. After a morning and afternoon of working at the park, I came home in the mid-afternoon and decided to enjoy the beautiful day. In our apartment complex, the pool has a nice sitting area that has oversized chairs and face the opposite side of the pool. Towards the end of the day, the chair face in the direction of the sunset, and it is quite beautiful. I decided to get a smoothie from the smoothie shop down the street and take a book and a journal out to the pool chairs to relax. I began journaling about all of my experiences in college that have led me to this point. I have to say that looking back on it all, God's hand is very apparent in everything. At the time it was hard to see His hand leading me, but now I can vividly pinpoint times and events where He has brought people in my life that have and will change me forever. As I watched the sunset, I was reminded of God's faithfulness in bringing me this far. The sunset is a daily reminder to me that He is in control, and no matter what happened that day, the sun will set and rise again to give another day. I am so thankful for the promises He has given me as one of His children and am glad He chooses to display His grace and power through the beautiful colors of the sunset.

1 comment: