Thursday, April 16, 2009

Character Audition

So...I stumbled across another audition today. I have been checking the Disneyauditions.com website for the nearest auditions in Orlando for just about everything. Today was a special audition just for face/fur characters, puppetiers, dancers, and parade performers. I decided to zip over to the audition (which wasn't far from Hollywood Studios) after my morning to afternoon shift. Work was great, with great weather and such, and I was able to change quickly and get to the audition on time. It was very similar to other auditions that I have participated in through Disney. However, this time, I get a better result. Instead of going home empty handed, I was given a piece of paper that gave good news! I was chosen to be put in the character pool, which basically means I "passed" all of the Disney requirements to be a character. I passed the basic movement and animation exercise and was even chosen to participate in an advanced dancing audition for parade performers! I am definitely going to let my dance teacher at AU know. He would be proud. Being placed in the character pool means that Entertainment currently does not have a role open for my specific look, skill set, or height, but whenever a position becomes available, they will pull performers from the character pool and contact the cast member. The pool will last 6 months, and then I will have the opportunity to audition again. It was a pleasant surprise after not expecting to receive anything at the audition! Things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment