Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Lives!

I love Easter. I love everything about the day. There is a freshness in the air that automatically permeates the mood of everyone. No matter what the temperature is outside, it seems as though everything is fresh, new, and blooming. My favorite part of the day has always been the church service. Celebrating the risen Lord that has given us eternal salvation is always so relevant and amazing to me year after year. I am so blessed to have the assurance that one day I will join Him in Heaven to celebrate His resurrection and second coming with the angels.

Even though I had to work this morning, I had the opportunity to talk to a few of my co-workers about Easter and what it means to me. I am pretty sure they were non-believers, so it was the perfect day and time to bring up a topic such as this. I even saw a couple of guests in Hollywood studios wearing "I'm celebrating!" buttons with a written message on them saying, "Jesus is risen!" It gave me a smile everytime.

Because I didn't have the opportunity to go to church, I spent extra time reading the story of the resurrection and listening to hymns and songs I would have sung at a service. One particular song spoke to me, particularly due to the my stage in life. The chorus is:


Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.


My life is worth the living enough that He died a perfect death on the cross. No matter how frustrated I get about the future or about what will come tomorrow, I must remember that God is in control. He cared enough about me to send His only Son to die on a rugged cross for me, so I can get through any circumstance that is put before me. What an awesome God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment