Monday, April 20, 2009

A Perfect Proposal: Saturday




On Saturday, I met up with Joe extra early in order to get to Hollywood Studios as it opened. My parents met us there, and we were able to get fastpasses to the new Toy Story Midway Mania ride for around 11:30am (which is amazing since fastpasses for this ride are usually gone for the day by 11:00am). We then went to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster (which we were bumped to the front fastpass line by a cast member) and the Tower of Terror. Everyone rode the Tower of Terror, but my dad decided to skip the roller coaster and go take pictures with characters instead. Our day was filled with alot of fun memories-going to shows, riding our favorite rides, and eating excellent food. We were able to do almost everything in the park, even though Studios closed at 6pm for Grad Night. My parents even got to see a show at American Idol-where we got engaged! We all had a great time together, and it was so nice to spend time with Joe, my mom, and dad. We enjoyed being around each other, and had lots of memories to remember the day by.

Around 5pm, Joe and I left Hollywood Studios to go back and change for a special treat he had in store. Our amazing friend Whitney (who happens to be my coordinator at work) used to work in photography at the high end resorts at Disney World before being moved to the Studios. When planning the engagement, she was able to set-up a portrait session with a photographer for an hour at the Grand Floridian. She made the arrangements for 7pm, just when the sun was beginning to set. It was absolutely breath taking. Along with the photo session, we received a cd with all of the pictures and three of our favorite 5 X 7's of our favorite prints for free. The entire package would have end up costing Joe and I around $300, but she desired to give us a magical moment to celebrate this exciting weekend. Joe and I are thrilled, because the pictures are wonderful and the experience was amazing. We have engagement pictures to last us a lifetime!

After our engagement shoot, we met my parents at Downtown Disney where they were walking around and eating dinner. We did some shopping with them and even went to the Goofy Candy Company to make customized Mickey Mouse rice krispie treats! They were so delicious!! They had to leave at a decent time in order to get back to the hotel by midnight. Their plane was leaving early Sunday morning, and they wanted to get some sleep before getting up to be at the airport on time. I was very thankful my parents wanted to be apart of the festivities this weekend. It meant so much to me that they came and spent time with Joe and I. I love them very much!

Joe and I decided to eat dinner at T-Rex in Downtown Disney after wishing my parents off. It was very yummy! We did a little shopping before heading home for the night. It was another very magical day, where Joe and I felt very loved and supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment